YouTube Shorts has gained immense popularity as a short-form video format, but not everyone enjoys this content type. If you’re tired of seeing YouTube Shorts on your home feed and want to disable YouTube Shorts permanently, you’re in luck!
In this guide, we will provide you with clear instructions on 5 effective methods to permanently remove YouTube Shorts from your YouTube app.
Let’s dive right in!
Method 1 to Disable YouTube Shorts Permanently
- Open the YouTube app and navigate to your home feed.
- Locate a YouTube Shorts video and tap the vertical ellipsis (three dots) in the top right corner of the video.
- A menu will appear, select “Not interested” as the first option.
- Repeat this process for each YouTube Shorts video in that section of your feed.
- Scroll down until you see the next section of YouTube Shorts and repeat the previous steps.
- Continue this process until you no longer encounter YouTube Shorts in your home feed.
Method 2 to Disable YouTube Shorts Permanently
- Launch the YouTube app and tap on your Profile Picture.
- Select “Settings” and then choose “General.”
- Look for the option labeled “Shorts” and click the adjacent button to permanently disable YouTube Shorts from your app. Note: This method is limited to certain versions of the YouTube app.
You may also like to check out: 10 Best YouTube Vanced Alternative
Method 3 to Disable YouTube Shorts Permanently
YouTube Shorts was introduced in version 14.13.54 (1413542300) of the YouTube app.
If you prefer to remove YouTube Shorts entirely, download version 14.12.56 (1412563300) using this link.
Before installing the older version, enable the “Install from unknown sources” option in your device settings.
After installation, remember to disable auto-updates for the YouTube app.
Method 4 to Disable YouTube Shorts Permanently
Open your device’s Settings and select “Apps” or “Manage Apps.”
Locate and tap on the YouTube app.
Tap the vertical ellipsis (three dots) to access the menu and select “Uninstall Updates.”
Your YouTube app will revert to the previous version, eliminating YouTube Shorts.
Remember to disable auto-updates to prevent the app from updating itself.
Method 5 to Disable YouTube Shorts Permanently
If you are a YouTube Vanced user, open the app and go to your Profile Photo.
Access the Settings and select “Vanced Settings” at the bottom of the list.
Choose “Ad settings” and enable the “Shorts shelf” option to remove YouTube Shorts from your home feed. Note: YouTube Vanced is no longer available, but alternative apps offering similar features can be found here
You may also like to check out
Final Verdict on YouTube Shorts
By following these five effective methods, you can successfully disable YouTube Shorts and enjoy a Shorts-free YouTube experience. Whether you choose to inform YouTube of your disinterest, adjust app settings, downgrade to an older version, uninstall updates, or utilize alternative apps, the choice is yours. Say goodbye to unwanted YouTube Shorts and regain control of your YouTube home feed!