A new report claims that OnePlus is working on a foldable smartphone, codenamed “Project Ice.” The phone is expected to have a 7.8-inch internal display and a 6.3-inch external display. It will also be powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor and have a 4800mAh battery.
The report comes from GizChina, which cites a leakster known as “OnLeaks.” OnLeaks has a good track record when it comes to leaking accurate information about upcoming smartphones.
According to the report, the OnePlus Fold will have an LTPO AMOLED panel for its internal display. This means that the display will be able to dynamically adjust its refresh rate, which will help to save battery life. The external display will also be an AMOLED panel, but it is not clear if it will be an LTPO panel.
The OnePlus Fold is expected to be powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ processor, which is a slightly upgraded version of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. The phone will also have 16GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
The OnePlus Fold is expected to be released in the second half of 2023. The phone is likely to be priced in the high-end segment, but it is still too early to say for sure.
Here are some additional details about the OnePlus Fold:
- Main camera: 48MP Sony IMX890 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS
- Ultrawide camera: 48MP sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 120° field of view
- Telephoto camera: 64MP sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 3.1x optical zoom
- Cover panel selfie camera: 32MP sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- Inner screen selfie camera: 20MP sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- Operating System: The phone will run Android 13 out of the box.
- Battery Capacity: The phone will have a 4800mAh battery with 67W fast charging support.
The OnePlus Fold is shaping up to be a very promising device. It has a large and powerful internal display, a capable triple-camera system, and a long-lasting battery. If OnePlus can price the phone competitively, it could be a very successful product.
You may also like to check out